Pages

Wednesday 24 August 2016

Cross Country Day.

For writing  we are writing about a very exciting task we are writing about cross country. Here is what I have started writing about cross country.



Cross Country

On a sunny day filled with brightness and clouds we had a very exciting day it was Cross country. When I came to school I was a little excited but was nervous at the same time I felt nervous because something might happen to me, like I might faint or I might come last. Finally it was time for us to go to assembly. When it was  assembly our korero was “champion never give up”.

Then it was time for us to go back to our own class. As the hours go by we were still in our class doing some work. Until it was lunch time we had to get changed and Eat our lunch. After eating we had to go out and play, then after 30 mins we had to line up in our class only the senior block. Then it was time to go to the court.

Finally we started the cross country. Before we started to run we had to let our house color sing out our chart. There was many house color there was blue called as Hine Moana , There was red called as Te Aurere, There was Green called as Hokule’a and then  there was yellow which is called hikianalia and they were all named after boats or the wakas.

We had to wait for the year 1 to go and the other years. As the year ages go pass the brightness sun started to beat me down with a hot reddish head. Finally it was the year 8 boys, turn as we entered the starting I started to grip my feet on the watery green grass. Once we stood up, waiting for the clap from Mr Burt my heart started to beat fast. Then it was time, put your legs together as Mr Burt said. “On your mark get set” As Mr Burt said.

!CLAP! As the two wood banged together. As the crowed started to cheer the year 8 boys and me started to go for the sprint, as I ran toward the first Checkpoint saying to myself “Later bro” going past some of the year 8 boys. As we started to go out the gate I was taking third place until I started to slow down. As I slowed down telling the people behind me “you can take third place”. I was saying to me you can do it so I went for it trying to not stop but my heart was play up. I keep on stopping and kept on going but finally I got back on track and went for my second lap. When I went for the first checkpoint I heard my brother cheering for me.

As I passed the first checkpoint I started to get a sore ankle so I started to jog a little and then I remembered that “ champion never give up” so I ran like I was feeling nothing. When I was running through the side I started to feel stick that was poking me on my feet. As I kept on feeling the sticks, I just kept on going and tried to not stop until I reach the soccer post.  

Finally I was nearly to the soccer post, so I started to walk but not relaxing walk I was power walking until I saw some people in front of me. So I started to run as fast as I can Finally I was nearly to the finish line when I was running to the finish line I was jogging in a medium paste, when I was running through the finish line I was talking to myself “Yeah I finally finished”. It was the most hardest day I ever had but at the same time I was excited. When cross country came up I was really happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment